- Open coldfusion_install_location/cfusion/runtime/conf/server.xml
- Scroll down to the end of the document where you see the line:
<!-- Uncomment the line below to change the default web root or to add virtual directory
Make sure to replace <cf_home> with the absolute path to ColdFusion Home-->
- Copy the last comment in the group of comments at the end, right before the line. The line you want toc copy looks like (do not copy the beginning :
<Context path="/" docBase="<cf_home>\wwwroot" WorkDir="<cf_home>\runtime\conf\Catalina\localhost\tmp" ></Context>
- Change the docBase attribute to your the ABSOLUTE path of the directory where you want your web root to be. In my case it was /Applications/coldfusion9/wwwroot if you are on Windows this will start with a drive letter like c:\... or d:\...
- Add aliases attributes to both the CFIDE directory AND the WEB-INF directory. This step is extremely important, without it ColdFusion WILL NOT run. To do this add a new attribute to the
node called aliases. Inside that attribute add the following text /CFIDE=/absolute_path_to_coldfusion_install_location/cfusion/wwwroot/CFIDE,/WEB-INF=/absolute_path_to_coldfusion_install_location/cfusion/wwwroot/WEB-INFAgain, if you are on Windows this will start with a drive letter like c:\ or d:\.
- This is what it looks like on my system (OSX):
<Context path="/" docBase="/Applications/coldfusion9/wwwroot" WorkDir="/Applications/coldfusion10/cfusion/runtime/conf/Catalina/localhost/tmp" aliases="/CFIDE=/Applications/coldfusion10/cfusion/wwwroot/CFIDE,/WEB-INF=/Applications/coldfusion10/cfusion/wwwroot/WEB-INF"></Context>
- Restart ColdFusion10 and be happy.